Short Range Wireless Telemetry
Telemetrie Elektronik GmbH, (Datatel) and Photo-Sonics International Ltd. Have over 25 years experience of supplying the highest quality telemetry solutions to the aerospace, automotive, industrial and R&D sectors. In house design and QA ensure that Datatel Telemetry systems are packed with cutting edge features, highly dependable and simple to use. Photo-Sonics International have represented Datatel in the UK for over 15 years and together we have built a reputation second to none for technical excellence, support and reliability.
- Contactless transmission of data and power
- Robust, field-tested and reliable technology
- Turnkey system approach to ensure convenient commissioning and handling
- Single and multi-channel technology, several hundred measurement channels possible
- Direct connection of sensors (e.g. strain gages, thermocouples, RTD, pressure sensors, ICP and piezoelectric sensors etc.)
- Can be used in extreme ambient conditions (operating temperature range – 40 to + 125 °C, g-load up to 150,000 g, oil and moisture resistant)
- High signal bandwidth per channel, up to 96 kHz (-3 dB)
- Synchronous data transmission
- High level of measurement accuracy and signal quality
- Remotely controlled telemetry transmitters with integrated diagnostic functions
- Miniaturized telemetry transmitter modules
- Rotating electronic components enclosed in robust metal housings, resistant to ambient influences
- Telemetry receivers in modular 19” technology or compact types for mobile applications
- Standardized analogue or digital signal outputs
- External data acquisition systems can be connected directly
- Dual power supply concept, inductive power supply or alternatively by battery
- Significant relative motion option between the rotor and stator without impairing the measured data
All Datatel modules include shunt calibration, auto zero functionality, and fully isolated channels for minimum set-up time and maximum performance. Power can be supplied inductively for long-term maintenance free operation or via batteries for short-term rapid deployment operations.
Unlike other systems all of our channels are sampled and transmitted simultaneously and adding more channels does not decrease the bandwidth available to each channel. Different modules have different capabilities. Our 2nd generation digital systems are capable of up to 96kHz bandwidth per channel with 10 dynamic strain and 10 thermocouple channels per module. In addition these modules have an additional RTD channel for cold junction compensation. Photo-Sonics International Ltd and Datatel specialise in customised solutions where space, speed and temperature are critical. We frequently operate systems submerged in hot oil, jet fuel, dirt, and debris from the operating environment. If your application is not there please feel free to contact us.